Information on the coronavirus in Jyväskylä
Do you think you have the coronavirus infection
- Even if your symptoms are mild contact Corona Helpline or take this COVID-19 online symptom assessment on Omaolo Service web page (available in Finnish, Swedish and English)
Healthcare Corona Helpline
- Tel. 014 266 0133, Monday to Friday 8:00 - 16:00, Saturday and Sunday 9:00 - 15:00.
- At other times, call the emergency number 116 117.
- If you need an interpreter, let us know on the phone.
- Booking service and result notification for the hearing-impaired by SMS, tel. 050 303 7722.
In case of a child, call Healthcare Corona Helpline, tel. 014 266 0133.
Healthcare personnel will assess the need for a test on the phone. You will be provided instructions on the phone of what to do and when and where to go for a test.
You can also book an appointment online through Omaolo symptom assessment web page for a test.
You will be informed of your corona test result by text message
If you have been to a corona test, stay at home while waiting for your test result after the test. Avoid contact with people other than the members of your household. If you test negative for coronavirus and you have a normal cold, recuperate at home, do not infect other people. If you test positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), wait at home, a nurse will call you. Follow the directions given by the nurse.
Vaccines and coronavirus
Coronavirus information on other languages
Info Gloria advisors tell about the coronavirus in Jyväskylä in Thai, Persian, Russian ja Arabic languages. See the videos on Youtube.
Download Koronavilkku app to your phone
Koronavilkku is an app, which will alert you if you have been exposed to coronavirus, according to the app evaluation criteria. You can download the Koronavilkku app at https://koronavilkku.fi/.
Situation in Jyväskylä on 18 January 2021
Number of infections: 1030 (THL statistics)
Access to sampling 0-1 day
Laboratory results 1-3 days
Prevent infection from spreading
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Dry your hands with a clean tissue. You can also use hand sanitizer.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth unless you have just washed your hands.
- If you sneeze or cough, cover your face with a tissue and throw the used tissue into the rubbish bin. If you do not have a handkerchief, cough into your sleeve, not into your hands.
- Stay at least 2 metres away from other people.
- Do not invite visitors into your home and do not visit anyone.
- Stay at home if you are unwell.
- Wear a face mask when you cannot stay at a safe distance from other people, e.g. when using public transport or going to a corona test.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms include, for instance, a temperature, cough, and shortness of breath, fatigue, nausea, diarrhea, impaired sense of taste amd smell.
The disease may be dangerous especially for older people and for those with other illnesses, such as a lung and heart condition.
If you are unwell, do not go shopping
If you are unwell, do not go shopping or to the pharmacy, ask your relatives or neighbors to help you. The shops and pharmacies have home delivery services. If you cannot get help, ask the City of Jyväskylä services to help you.
• Residents living in Jyväskylä:
- for families with children in urgent need of help by Early Intervention Services (varhaisen tuen palveluohjaus in Finnish) Mon - Thu 9:00 to 14:00, tel. 014 266 3501
- Family Centre Helpline, Mon - Fri 8:00 to 15:30, tel. 014 266 3590
- Adult Social Work emergency services in office hours, tel. 014 266 9664
- OIVA Centre provides assistance for senior citizens, tel. 014 266180
• Residents living in Hankasalmi: from Monday to Friday 8:00-16:00, tel. 014 267 1490.
• Residents living in Uurainen: from Monday to Friday 8:00-16:00, tel. 040 772 8543.
Outside regular opening hours, the inhabitants of Jyväskylä, Hankasalmi and Uurainen will also get help from the Social Services emergency number, tel. 014 266 0149.
Wear a face mask
Wearing a face mask is recommended for all over 12-year-old residents in Jyväskylä. The recommendation remains in force until further notice.
Do wear a mask when you cannot stay at a safe distance from other people, for instance:
• in public spaces, such as shops, a library, youth clubs, the church, theatres or concert halls.
• in public events, outdoor tournaments and other events where you cannot avoid close contact
• upper secondary education institutions and universities
• public transport
• on your way to a coronavirus test
• when you arrive in Finland from a risk area
Do not wear a mask, if it complicates your breathing unreasonably or you have other heath issues which prevent you from wearing a mask.
Face mask distribution locations
Free masks are provided for residents with limited means by the City of Jyväskylä Other residents will get their masks themselves. Wearing a mask is recommended for all over 12-year-olds.
Masks are handed out at the following locations:
- Social Services Station at Hannikaisenkatu 37, open Monday to Friday 10-14.
- Integration Services, Väinönkatu 1, Monday to Friday 10-13
- Healthcare Centres:
- City Centre, Kuokkala, Kyllö, Palokka and Sampoharju, on Tuesdays and on Thursdays 12–16
- Korpilahti, Säynätsalo and Tikkakoski, on Tuesdays and on Thursdays, 14–16
- Huhtasuo Village Office, Nevakatu 1, Monday to Thursday 9–15 and Friday 9–14
- The lobby in Civic Activity Centre Matara / Gloria Matarankatu 6 A, Monday to Thursday 9–16 and Friday 9–14
If you are in quarantine or isolation
Ask the nurse for quarantine guidelines in your own language. It is important to follow the instructions. Additional information on the quarantine web page.