A group of 19 international artists coming from Sweden, Norway and Portugal are connecting with Finland through a contemporary printmaking exhibition project to be presented at Galleria Ratamo, with opening on the 2nd of May at 17h. Besides this exhibition, a polyester workshop will be also given by one of the participating artists, Naoji Ishiyama. This 3rd exhibition of the project Connecting Provincial Workshops and International Printmakers happens with the support from Jukka Partanen, the Curator of the Art Museum of Jyväskylä and Swedish – Finnish Foundation.
- electric press (100x70 cm / 39,3x27,5”)
- aquatint box (100x90 cm / 39,3 x 35,4 “)
- acid trays of various sizes, the largest (max. 80x100 cm / 31,5x39,3”)
- acid: ferro chloride
- non-toxic methods also in use
- electric litho press (80x140 cm / 31,5x55,1” )
- manual litho press (80x110 cm / 31,5x43,3”)
- some 40 litho stones (max. 65x80 cm / 25,6x31,5”)
- vacuum bed printing table (125x150 cm / 49,2x59”)
- several screen frames (max.
Printmaking center has had one month residency in October since 2010.
In 2018 started new 3 months residency which is organised with The Centre for Creative Photography every second year for the printmakes and every second year for the photographers.
The print workshop has rooms and equipments for intaglio, relief and planographic printmaking and in silk screen, in addition which there is proper darkroom. The facilities can be rented by professionals as well as skilled amateurs, either by the year or for shorter periods. It is required of all renters that they are well acquainted with the techniques they apply.
The working hours are daily from 6 a.m. to 2 a.m.