Hours, admission and location
Have a safe museum visit!
Due to the coronavirus, we pay special attention to precautions and the cleanliness of the premises. Hand disinfectant is available for guests. Floor stickers will remind You to maintain safety distance.
Please, prefer card payments or Museum card for admission and if you have any flu symptoms, postpone your visit to another day.
Jyväskylä Art Museum
tel. 014 266 4391
Open Tues-Sun 11am-6pm
Closed on Mondays
Entry fee 8 € / 6 € / 4 €
Free entry on Fridays
Free entry for visitors aged under 24 years
The Jyväskylä Art Museum is situated in the Holvi building a residential and commercial location on Kauppakatu Street across from the church park Kirkkopuisto. The temporary exhibitions focus on exhibiting contemporary art, printmaking and art from Central Finland. Upstairs, the Taika-room is used for different public workshops and classes. There is a large selection of cards and other publications in the museum store.
The Art Museum is accessible. Disabled parking is situated at Kauppakatu 23, in front of the art museum. There is wheelchair access to the museum street level. From the first floor you can reach the basement and the first and second floors with an elevator. Disabled toilet is located on the street level. The showrooms do not have hand guides, so the visually impaired are not recommended to take part in exhibitions without an assistant. Guidedogs are welcome in all the premises of our museum. An assistant or a support person can always access our service free of charge.
tel. 014 266 4389
Open Tues-Sun 11am-6pm
Closed on mondays
The Ratamo Centre for Printmaking and Photography is located in Jyväskylä’s former roundhouse near the bus and train station (Travel Centre). The Galleria Ratamo shows photography exhibitions organized by the Centre for Creative Photography, and printmaking exhibitions organized by the Jyväskylä Art Museum. The gallery store sells a large selection of original prints, cards and publications. There are also studio spaces for printmakers and photographers in the adjoining rooms behind the gallery. The Ratamo Centre for Printmaking and Photography formerly functioned out of the Halonen building under the names: Galleria Harmonia, the Jyväskylä Centre for Printmaking, and the Centre for Creative Photography.
The Jyväskylä Art Museum, office
PL 165, 40101 Jyväskylä
tel. 014 266 4398
Open Mon-Fri 9am-4pm
Holvi (Kauppakatu 23)
- normal entrance fee 8 €
- Groups (min. 10 pers.) 6 €/person
Free admission days:
- Wednesdays with a Veikkaus-card
- Jyväskylä Day and the Museum’s anniversary March 22nd
- Yläkaupungin Yö Festival
- International Museum Day, May 18th
- Christmas fair TAIDEBASAARI days
Free or reduced admission:
- Jyväskylä City staff
- pensioners 6 €
Two for the price of one: Alvar Aalto members can bring one guest
Free entrance to Holvi:
- under 24
- members of professional and amateur artist associations and societies
- museum professionals and members of the ICOM
- art teachers, cultural studies teachers, primary school teachers, those in possession of a “porkkanakortti” incentive card
- art school students
- students in departments related to art and/or museum subjects (Art History, Art Education, Cultural Anthropology, Museology, Ethnology, History)
- students in the department of Education
- students visiting the museum in study groups
- “kulttuuriluotsit” and those in the groups guided by the Art and Culture Companions
- members of the Finnish Guide Association
- representatives of the press/media
- personal aids,
- personal assistance/guide dogs
The Galleria Ratamo (Veturitallinkatu 6) free admission.