Coronavirus vaccinations for Jyväskylä, Hankasalmi and Uurainen inhabitants
The coronavirus vaccinations will proceed, as directed by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare. Age is by far the most significant risk factor for COVID-19. Therefore vaccinations were administered to the aged first.
The coronavirus vaccine protects you from infection by the novel coronavirus and the severe forms of illness it causes. A sufficient vaccination coverage can prevent the spread of the virus among the populace. The coronavirus vaccine is offered to the entire population free of charge. Vaccinations are always voluntary.
The location of the vaccination will be selected when making the appointment.
- Killeri trotting race audience building, address: Vesangantie 24 (2nd floor, no elevator)
- Container located in front of the Killeri trotting race audience building (unhindered access for persons with reduced mobility)
- Kuokkala former health centre premises, address: Syöttäjänkatu 10 (unhindered access for persons with reduced mobility)
- Hankasalmi health centre
- Uurainen health centre
Arriving at the vaccination location
- Do not come for your vaccine if you have any symptoms matching those of COVID-19.
- Carry identification papers, such as an identity card.
- Arrive in time for your appointment.
- Use a face mask or visor.
- Mind your hand hygiene.
- Keep a distance of at least 2 metres to others.
- Be prepared to stay at least 15 minutes after the administration for observation.
- You can come to the vaccination location by car, by bicycle, on foot, or using public transport. If using public transport, remember to wear a mask.
If you have recently had COVID-19, we recommend delaying taking the vaccine so that at least three months will have passed from your first symptoms or positive test result.
Do I have to wear a mask after receiving the vaccine?
Even after receiving the vaccine, it is important to keep to a social distance, ensure hand and coughing hygiene, wear a mask, and get tested if symptoms appear. After vaccination, it will take several months to achieve protection against the disease throughout Finland.
When is my turn?
Working age people that are basically healthy are asked to follow on web-pages when is their turn to book a vaccination appointment. Text messages are not sent to this group. See also the web-page ”Order of corona vaccinations”.
Helpline for corona vaccionation questions
You can ask by emailing to address: email@example.com or call to helpline +358 14 266 1472.