Coronavirus vaccinations for Jyväskylä, Hankasalmi, and Uurainen inhabitants
The coronavirus vaccinations will proceed, as directed by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare, starting from the most aged and moving towards ever younger people, while taking those most at risk into account.
Why the vaccinations?
The coronavirus vaccine protects you from infection by the novel coronavirus and the severe forms of illness it causes. A sufficient vaccination coverage can prevent the spread of the virus among the populace. The coronavirus vaccine is offered to the entire population free of charge. Vaccinations are always voluntary.
The vaccinations will be concentrated into a limited number of locations, well separated from other services. Due to the risk of infection, the organized order of vaccinations, and the obligation to register vaccinations, the vaccinations will be administered by appointment only. Some of the vaccines require specialized storage and transportation arrangements. The location of the vaccination will be selected when making the appointment.
- Killeri trotting race audience building, address: Vesangantie 24 (2nd floor, no elevator)
- Kuokkala health centre, address: Syöttäjänkatu 10
- Hankasalmi health centre
- Uurainen health centre
Arriving at the vaccination location
- Do not come for your vaccine if you have any symptoms matching those of COVID-19.
- Carry identification papers, such as an identity card.
- Arrive in time for your appointment.
- Use a face mask.
- Mind your hand hygiene.
- Keep a distance of at least 2 metres to others.
- Be prepared to stay at least 15 minutes after the administration for observation.
- You can come to the vaccination location by car, by bicycle, on foot, or using public transport. If using public transport, remember to wear a mask.
If you have recently had COVID-19, we recommend delaying taking the vaccine so that at least three months will have passed from your first symptoms or positive test result.
Do I have to wear a mask after receiving the vaccine?
Even after receiving the vaccine, it is important to keep to a social distance, ensure hand and coughing hygiene, wear a mask, and get tested if symptoms appear.
Helpline for corona vaccionation questions
You can ask by emailing to address: firstname.lastname@example.org or call to helpline +358 14 266 1472. When calling, please choose option 4. You can also choose calling-back service and you will be then called back in 24 hours.