Coronavirus vaccinations for children between ages 5 and 11 will begin
The vaccinations for children will be conducted using the Biontech-Pfizer Comirnaty 10 microgram (µg) vaccine, specifically designed for children aged between 5 and 11.
Appointments and guardian consent
The guardians of children under the age of 10 may make vaccination appointments through the online appointment service at www.hyvis.fi.
Electronic appointments for Huhtasuo, Tikkakoski, and Korpilahti will open on week 3.
Appointments for children over the age of 10 must be conducted by phone through the coronavirus helpline at 014 266 1472, because a guardian cannot represent a child older than 10 in the online service. The coronavirus helpline is open Mondays to Thursdays from 8 am to 3 pm and Fridays from 9 am to 3 pm.
Administering the vaccine to a child requires the consent of both guardians
Guardians will be asked to give their consent when arriving to the vaccination point. The consent may be communicated either verbally or through a guardian’s consent form available at the Institute of Health and Welfare website: Guardian’s consent for a vaccination of a minor against COVID-19 (thl.fi) which should be filled out prior to coming to the vaccination point. It is compulsory to fill out the written form if the child’s grandparent or another non-guardian brings the child to be vaccinated.
Vaccinations for children will not be available at walk-in vaccination points. An appointment for a second vaccine will always be made as the first vaccine is administered.
The Institute for Health and Welfare instructs those who have already had COVID-19 to receive the vaccine six months after recovery. Those with a significant immune deficiency may receive the vaccine earlier.
Vaccination sites for children's coronavirus vaccination
- Kuokkala vaccination station, address Syöttäjänkatu 10: on weekdays at 8–18.45, on Saturday 15.1 and 22.1 at 8–15.30
- Korpilahti maternity and child health clinic, address Virastokuja 2: on 20.1 and 27.1 at 9–15.30
- Tikkakoski school school nurse's premises, address Koulukatu 10: on 24.1 and 2.2 at 8.30–15.30
- Huhtasuo maternity and child health clinic, address Nevakatu 14: on 21.1 and 28.1. at 9–15.30
- Uurainen maternity and child health clinic, address: Kuukantie 16 on 14.1, 21.1 and 28.1 at 9–14
- Hankasalmi health centre, address Keskustie 53 A: on 27.1 and 9.2 at 8.30–14
- Electronic appointments for Huhtasuo, Tikkakoski, and Korpilahti will open on week 3.
- Ward nurse Päivi Ikkala, person responsible for coronavirus vaccinations in children
paivi.ikkala(at)jyvaskyla.fi or tel. 040 555 3208