Following recommendations and restrictions are in force until the end of February in Jyväskylä
- It is recommended that all indoor group exercise for people over the age of 18 should be suspended until the end of February. In the city's own sport premises, regular bookings for people over the age of 18 will be cancelled until 28 February.
- It is also recommended that hobby, match and competition activities for team and contact sports for athletes over the age of 18 should be suspended indoors until the end of February, excluding training and competitions for national teams, Finnish Championships and Division 1 levels. The restrictions do not apply to professional training aimed at the top on an international level.
- Hobby activities for children and young people will continue normally, according to the safety recommendations.
- The city will close its own gyms and guided sport groups until the end of February.
- City of Jyväskylä’a swimming halls Aalto Alvari and Wellamo are closed until 28 February. Recreational activities for under-18 year old and competitive athletes continue in accordance with the recommendations on indoor sports.
- Public skating shifts from all outdoor ice rinks will be cancelled until the end of February. Private hobby activities continue in accordance with the city's recommendations on hobby activies.
- City libraries are open with limited services until the end of February. Picking up reservations, returning loans, short-term use of client machines will normally serve during library opening hours. Collection areas as well as reading and working areas are closed and library cars do not operate until 28 February 2021.
- The city recommends that private events for more than 10 people should not be held in January-February. Private events are all events of a private nature that are not open to the public. Examples of private occasions include birthday parties and private evening parties.
- A recommendation is extended to all parishes that a maximum of 10 people be allowed to attend indoor events until the end of February 2021.
- Recommendations on visits to services for the elderly and disabled provided in housing units in accordance with the Social Welfare Act are continued until 28 February 2021.
- The City of Jyväskylä city also recommends to avoid travelling to areas that are in the coronavirus spread phase.
THL's mask recommendation applies to comprehensive schools from grade six upwards
Following THL's recommendation (8 January 2021), the City of Jyväskylä has decided to recommend the use of face mask in comprehensive schools to all over 12 years of age. All those aged 12 and over are recommended to wear masks in school and also during school transportations. Masks for school day and school transport are delivered from the school. Own masks can be used as well.
In accordance with the instructions of the National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), the mask should not be used if it unreasonably hinders breathing or there are other health-related reasons that prevent the use of the mask.
City decision-making by online meetings until the end of the city council term
The remote working recommendation for city employess will remain in force. The continuation of the remote working recommendation will be evaluated by the end of May. The city's decision-making process will also be held remotely until the end of the council term. The new council will start operating in June 2021.
City Theatre and Jyväskylä Sinfonia
The opening of the performance season of Jyväskylä Sinfonia and the City Theatre will be decided on 15 January 2021.
The use of face masks is mandatory for city employees working in the following functions
- in health services and in the city hospital until further notice
- in home services for the elderly and other at-risk groups and housing services for at-risk groups until further notice
- in basic education the staff must wear a mask or visor until further notice
- in early education, the mask or visor should be used until mid-January in all work tasks where the employees move between different groups