Skip to main content
Rahaa pöydällä. Image Pirjo Ala-Hynnilä

You can apply for a housing allowance from Kela to cover part of your housing expenses when you are on low income. Kela takes care of the following housing allowances:

  • general housing allowance 
  • pensioner’s housing allowance 
  • housing allowance added to student grant 
  • military grant’s housing allowance 

You can assess your chances of getting general housing allowance and calculate the possible amount on Kela’s homepage. You can also visit Kela for some personal advice. You can get application forms from there too, which can be submitted to any of Kela’s offices.
Additional information: