Jyväskylä Family Counselling
Väinönkatu 6, 3rd floor
014 266 3590 (office)
the office is open from 8.00-15.30, on Mondays until 17.00
Family Counselling on the map
Family Counselling Service Manager
Tel. 014 266 3611
The purpose of family counselling is to support families with children in different challenging life situations. In children’s matters, the services are mainly meant for children under the age of 13.
Family Counselling employs psychologists, social workers and a children’s psychiatrist, who usually meet families in work pairs. Jyväskylä's Family Counselling serves residents of the following municipalities: Jyväskylä, Hankasalmi, Joutsa, Luhanka, Muurame, Petäjävesi, Toivakka and Uurainen.
Families can contact the family counselling directly. No referral is needed.
Contact family counselling when:
- You are concerned about your child's behavior, development, mood or emotional life
- You need support for parenting questions
- You need help with resolving your family's conflict situations
- You need help with your relationship problems
- You are considering divorce/cohabitation divorce or your family needs help coping with divorce
- Your child or family is faced with a shocking event such as death, accident or illness
- Therapeutic guidance and counseling for the growth, development and emotional life of children
- Inquiry and care for children and family situations
- Family, couple, individual and interaction therapies
- Family matter mediation
- Groups for children and parents
We work together with the child and the whole family, and, if necessary, with the child's teacher, nurse, social or early childhood worker. Contact with other professionals is maintained in cooperation with the family.
In addition to customer work, Jyväskylä's Family Counselling provides professional guidance, counseling and training for professionals working with families with children.
Jyväskylä's Family Counselling has been supporting families with children in challenging life situations for over six decades. A historical work called Lapsen asialla aikuisten maailmassa, which focused on family counseling work in Central Finland was completed in 2012. The work can be read at the City Library of Jyväskylä.
Children's Research Clinic
A Children’s Research Clinic work group specializing in the study and rehabilitation of learning difficulties is also a part of the family counselling clinic. The research clinic is maintained by family counselling and Niilo Mäki Institute.
You can become a client with a referral.