Support for over-70-year-olds during the coronavirus situation
Home services helpline for over-70-year-olds
- Guidance and counselling
- Information on shopping, food and pharmacy service assistance
Other times, tel. 014 266 0149
Health care guidance during the coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus guidance and symptom assessment
Are you interested in voluntary work?
updated on 14 June 2021
- On Palse.fi there is a list of providers from whom it is possible to buy shopping services.
- You can call the City’s Home Services Helpline (tel. 014 266 0550) for guidance and counselling on home services or for information on shopping, food and pharmacy services.
When shopping, you should observe the general recommendation to keep up your hand hygiene and a safe distance from other customers. Additionally, it’s important to remember any flu symptoms mean you need to stay home and ask for others to help you with your shopping.
Visits to residential services for the aged
As of 27 April 2021 visits to residential services do not need to agreed in advance. Visits are organized according to the THL instructions.
Health care services for the aged and health information related to the coronavirus
The aged are welcome to make use of health care services normally, including laboratory visits related to their own care, doctor or nurse visits, or, for example, wound care at their health care clinic.
- If an aged person is concerned about the possibility of coronavirus infection or wishes to ask coronavirus-related questions, information and service needs evaluation in coronavirus matters are provided to Jyväskylä, Hankasalmi and Uurainen residents through the health care centre centralized help line, tel. 014 266 0133. This number is available from Monday to Friday 8 am to 4 pm and on weekends from 9 am to 3 pm.
- At other times, please call the Central Finland Hospital District telephone helpline, tel. 116 117.