Mouth healthcare from infancy to old age
Dental care provides basic and specialist dental care services for city residents on the basis of the care need identified individually. The operational capacity of the mouth and the teeth is reflected in the overall health of a person. Preventive dental care and early treatment support everyone to keep their teeth healthy throughout their life. The following, among others, are involved in mouth healthcare: daycare centres, schools, healthcare services, and services for the aged.
Jyväskylä residents dental services Tel. +358 14 266 0126
Emergency treatment of oral healthcare services is available in cases of urgent cases of pain and accidents.
Emergency treatment on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. call +358 14 266 0126. You will be informed of the location for emergency treatment when you make the appointment.
Emergency treatment at other times at weekdays after 4 p.m., at weekends and on public holidays from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m call +358 100 84 884; if necessary, you will be directed for care to Kyllö health centre’s dental clinic, address Keskussairaalantie 20, Jyväskylä.
Telephone consultations are available from 4 p.m. to 8 a.m. on weekdays and around the clock at weekends and on public holidays. In evenings after 4 p.m., the emergency service consists of on-call duty; the on-call dentist will be called in when necessary.
The on-duty private dentist's information is available on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. from the appointment booking service.
Urgent care is required in the following situations:
- Sudden pain in the mouth area for which painkillers are ineffective
- Bleeding in the mouth that cannot be stopped with ordinary measures
- Strong swelling in the facial area together with difficulties in breathing or swallowing and high fever
- Loss of a tooth due to an accident
- New injury to teeth associated with problems in breathing, swallowing, eating or opening the mouth
Situations that do not require urgent care:
- Minor pain in the mouth against which painkillers are helpful
- Sensitive teeth
- Breaking of a tooth or filling
- Problems with dentures or removable dental braces
The urgency of treatment is assessed during the telephone call.