Emergency number: 112
In Finland we use only one emergency number, 112. The same emergency number 112 works in all EU countries. You can call the emergency number 112 free of charge from any phone with no need for an area code. More information: Emergency Response Centre Administration
First aid services are provided by local health centres during daytime (Mon-Fri).
Issues, which are treated at your health center, include:
- minor accidents
- sudden appearance of musculoskeletal disorders
- infectious diseases (e.g. ear infections, inflammation of eyes, pharyngitis, urinary tract infection, upper respiratory tract infection, stomach disease, sexually transmitted diseases, pox diseases)
- deterioration of known long-term illnesses or acute illnesses
- quickly developing mental health problems
- mild chest pains and arrhythmias without loss of consciousness
Central area (Keskusta) health centre - Address: Tapionkatu 7, 40100.
Tel. (014) 266 0120, Open on Mon-Thu 8-16, Fri 9-16
Hankasalmi health centre - Address: Keskustie 53, 41520 Hankasalmi.
Tel. (014) 2671 295, Open on Mon-Thu 8-20, Fri 8-15, Sat 9-15
Huhtasuo health centre - Address: Nevakatu 1, 40340 Jyväskylä.
Tel. (014) 266 0121, Open on Mon-Thu 8-16, Fri 9-16
Korpilahti health centre - Address: Korpilahdentie 11, 41800 Korpilahti.
Tel. (014) 266 2716, Open on Mon-Thu 9-15.30, Fri 10-15
Kuokkala health centre - Address: Syöttäjänkatu 10, 40520 Jyväskylä.
Tel. (014) 266 0122, Open on Mon-Thu 8-16, Fri 9-16
Kyllö health centre - Address: Keskussairaalantie 20, 40700 Jyväskylä.
Tel. (014) 266 2011, Open on Mon-Thu 8-16, Fri 9-16
Palokka health centre - Address: Ritopohjantie 25, 40270 Palokka.
Tel. (014) 336 6000, Open on Mon-Fri 8-16
Säynätsalo health centre - Address: Parviaisentie 7, 40900 Jyväskylä.
Tel. (014) 266 2068. Open on Mon-Thu 8-16, Fri 9-16
Tikkakoski health centre - Address: Kirkkokatu 3, 41160 Tikkakoski.
Tel. (014) 336 6200, Open on Mon-Thu 8-16, Fri 9-15
Uurainen health centre - Address: Kuukantie 16, 41230 Uurainen.
Tel. (014) 336 6880, Open on Mon-Thu 8-16, Fri 9-15
Vaajakoski health centre - Address: Väkkärätie 1, 40800 Vaajakoski.
Tel. (014) 336 6190, Open on Mon-Thu 8-16, Fri 9-16
At nights (16-08) and during weekends, first aid services are provided by the Central Hospital of Central Finland:
- Central Finland Central Hospital
Address: Keskussairaalantie 19, 40620 Jyväskylä.
Tel: (014) 269 1811 - Lobby services: (014) 269 1559
- Health Centre Emergency Duty: 0100 84 884
- Maternity Policlinic: (014) 269 1104 or (014) 269 1404
Those urgently requiring first aid and whose treatment, due to the nature of their illness, cannot be delayed to the next day, are served at the Central Hospital of Central Finland. This first-aid service is intended solely for those in need of immediate attention due to accident or illness. Appointments are made by phone (08-11 a.m.) or in cases of extreme urgency necessitating immediate treatment by coming directly to the clinic.
Seek immediate medical attention from the central hospital in case of:
- new symptoms of paralysis
- severe chest pain
- severe breathing difficulties
- major injuries and bone fractures
- abundant bleeding (e.g. while vomiting, nosebleed, or coughing blood)
- sudden onset of severe or worsening stomach pain
- decreased level of consciousness, sudden confusion
- sudden onset of severe headache
- infants below the age of 3 months with fever above +38 degrees
- a large wound
- medicine or other poisoning
- sudden allergic reactions
- eye injuries
- high fever with patients who receive chemotherapy/cytostatic treatment
Emergency dental care
On weekdays (Mon–Fri) first aid is provided at residents’ local dental clinic. Emergency care is for immediate first aid necessitated by infection, pain or accident.
Call 014 266 0126 on weekdays (Mon–Fri) 8–16.
Note: if you live in Säynätsalo, call Säynätsalo dental clinic emergency number 014 266 2319 (Mon–Fri 8–16).
At other times of the day or at the weekends and holidays, call 0100 84 884 (Central Hospital of Central Finland), from where the patient will be referred for further treatment. For more information regarding dental care, see Jyväskylä's dental care site.