Vapari – volunteering in Jyväskylä
Vapari offers advice and guidance to people seeking volunteering opportunities in Jyväskylä. We work to raise the profile and standards of volunteering in our local area.
What we do:
- We develop networks that allow us to work more effectively
- We run our own volunteering activities in collaboration with other organisations
- We offer advice and guidance to volunteers
We can help you if you’re looking for a volunteering opportunity. Book an appointment by emailing to Leila.email@example.com or by phone +358 14 266 1707.
You may also find these resources useful:
- Volunteering in Jyväskylä provides information on public sector volunteering opportunities at the City of Jyväskylä.
- Hiiop offers volunteering opportunities locally
- Yhdistystori provides information on volunteering opportunities, organisations and events in Central Finland.
- Vapaaehtoistyö.fi is a volunteering platform run by Kirkkopalvelut and Kansalaisareena Citizens’ Forum.
- Vertaistalo is an online peer support service for people diagnosed with an illness and their families and friends.
- List of local volunteering opportunities, please note that this list is no longer being updated and some of the information may be out of date
Do you need help and support with managing an everyday situation?
Appointments and errands You could help someone attend a GP or hospital appointment or visit the bank or tax office. Inquiries on Mondays-Thursdays at 9.00-12.00.
Home help You could help people with everyday jobs around the house, including hanging up curtains or pictures, changing a light bulb, tightening screws, gardening or watering their plants. Inquiries on Mondays-Thursdays at 9.00-12.00.
Digital support You could help set up a computer, phone or television, or teach someone how to use an app or software package. Inquiries on Mondays-Thursdays at 9.00-12.00.
Please ask by calling on +358 50 569 2877.
Do you need help or motivation with getting active?
Liikuntaluotsit (Sports Buddies) are volunteers trained by the City of Jyväskylä Sports and Recreation Department and Vapari to help people get active. You can be paired up with a Sports Buddy free of charge.
Sports Buddies companion can be asked by calling on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 09:00–10:30. Other times inquiries are answered if possible. Sport Buddy phone + 358 14 2668922.
Would you like to see a play or visit an exhibition in the company of a Cultural Companion?
You can ask for Cultural Companion by calling on +358 50 338 1114.
Our Cultural Companion Coordinator has lots of helpful hints and tips on where to go and what to see.
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
Get in touch with us and see if we offer the service you’re looking for. You can contact us on +358 14 266 1707.
If you’re looking for a volunteering opportunity or would like support from one of our volunteers:
phone +358 50 312 5315, +358 14 266 7649
If you need help with organising a volunteer service:
volunteering coordinator Antti Rajala
phone +358 50 339 6423, + 358 14 266 1707