Fifty-sixty crowdfunding experiment
The odds are fifty-sixty – let us make Jyväskylä better together!
Cultural Manager Mari Aholainen, tel. 014 266 4040, mari.aholainen(at) jyvaskyla.fi
Participation Coordinator Hanna Tenhunen, tel. 014 266 7270, hanna.tenhunen(at)jyvaskyla.fi
Planning Officer Riikka Polso, tel. 014 266 1663, riikka.polso(at)jyvaskyla.fi
The Fifty-sixty crowdfunding experiment is a new participatory funding model that the City of Jyväskylä offers through the Mesenaatti.me website for the use of the residents. The people in Jyväskylä can come up with ideas for projects that they want to start with crowdfunding. The projects can get the City of Jyväskylä as one of their financiers.
Individual residents or communities take the projects they have conceived to the Mesenaatti.me platform, and this way they can launch their campaign to start raising money. Before the campaigns are launched, the City of Jyväskylä selects the campaigns that it will join as one of the funders. A minimum target is set for the crowdfunding campaigns. Once the campaigner has reached their goal i.e. received the targeted amount of money for their idea, the city will contribute to the funding of the project by doubling the pot.
The odds are fifty-sixty – let us make Jyväskylä better together.
Here is how it works:
You or your community have a desire to do something that can promote happy coexistence in your neighbourhood, bring bustle to the city, or attract even quiet people to do things together.
- Come and join the remote info meeting organized by the City of Jyväskylä and Mesenaatti.me on 18 August 2020.
- Write a tempting description of your idea and enter it on the Mesenaatti.me platform after the information session.
- Participate in the training for campaigners organized by Mesenaatti.me in August.
- In September, the city of Jyväskylä will select the projects that can get the city participate in the funding. Not all campaigns may qualify for the opportunity of doubling their funding, but you can still take advantage of the Mesenaatti.me platform and the training you get to implement your own crowdfunding campaign.
- In September, as a campaigner, you will be able to launch the crowdfunding campaign and promote it intensely, publicize it on social media and market your fabulous idea to the city residents.
- At the end of October, we will see which campaigns have reached their minimum goal. At this point, abracadabra, the city will pitch in with their other half of the funding.
- You will be able to carry out your project and report the results in pictures and words to the delight of all the people living in Jyväskylä.
- The implementation period for the campaigns funded continues until 31 May 2021.
The city will join to fund the campaigns approved according to the experiment with a 50 % contribution or a maximum of 3,000 euros.