Apprenticeship contracts for the City of Jyväskylä
Apprenticeship is a job and school rolled into one
The City of Jyväskylä and its public utility companies offer annually dozens of opportunities for working and studying at the same time under an apprenticeship agreement. During the apprenticeship you will be paid a salary in compliance with the collective labour agreement.
The apprenticeship agreement is a fixed term employment contract during which you can acquire a new occupation or increase your previous skills and competence. In other words, you can either complete entire vocational qualifications or individual qualification modules.
The City often has apprenticeships available for the following positions:
- early childhood education and care,
- basic education,
- child and youth guidance,
- building and maintenance services of green spaces,
- municipal catering services,
- housekeeping ,
- forest work, and
- building and environmental maintenance.
The City apprenticeship positions are primarily aimed at the clients of Jyväskylä Employment Services, who have been unemployed for a longer period of time or who lack vocational qualifications or have dropped out of school and have learning-related challenges. Before signing an apprenticeship employment agreement, you will have a try-out to see if you want to work in that particular field.
You can call the City Work and Apprenticeship Unit and ask about available positions.
You can inquire about apprenticeship jobs from other employers, too. Your personal career coach can, on your request, check whether your future employer would be eligible for wage subsidy or municipal supplement.
Are you interested in apprenticeship? This is what you should do:
- If you re interested in apprenticeship training, leave a message for your personal career coach on the E-Services of TE Services.
- Read about the vocational qualifications you are interested in on eRequirements on Studyinfo (Opintopolku in Finnish) here.
- Before entering apprenticeship employment relationship you need to have an apprentice placement. Your personal carer coach will help you in finding a apprentice placement.
- Once you have a placement, apply for apprenticeship in the respective educational institution.